Monday, December 4, 2006

Tokyo Marui M92FS- Gas Blow Back Review

Tokyo Marui M92FS- Gas Blow Back Review

By Noel

Sup, well I’m going to write a quick review on my very first GBB, The Tokyo Marui Beretta M92FS.

First Impressions: I ordered the gun through Lon and when he first brought it over I was very excited. The box has a great presentation overall and clearly depicts the M9 slide pulled back. I basically chose this gun off of the influence of playing the Max Payne videogames. And also it said it was a good GBB to get for beginners since It’s low priced, durable, and easy to upgrade.

Well when I lifted the cover of the box first thing I noticed was the ugly blaze orange on the tip. Its required and its BS. Not a problem though I got to work on that. But we’ll get back to that later on. The typical TM box I guess from reading other reviews is pretty basic you get a mag, cleaning rod, user manual and all the other pamphlets and leaflets that TM’s sends with it.

Examination: when I first picked up the gun it was very light I knew what I was getting into since the description said it was ABS plastic when I ordered, I kind of thought to myself great I spent cheap I get cheap. And mostly that’s what happens in this kind of hobby, thankfully TM didn’t crap out on me it was the real Tokyo Marui quality everyone expects just a notch down since it’s a nooby gun.

There are molding seams all over this thing, its kind of what TMs are looked down for, but there improving as seen on Lon’s government colt 1911 and the newly released G17. but my gun is kind of an oldie I don’t know when it was first released but I could tell since they only started improving this minor problem.

Yup not really a problem but it would be appreciated, I’m not a realism whore with all that stuff with trades and what not….or I think I kinda am.. the M9 has fake trades on them so it wasn’t really a problem for customs, but then again customs here is lax eh.

On the left slide the markings say “U.S. 9mm M9 MILITARY – 29598” and on the other side “U.S. 9mm M9 TOKYO MARUI Co. ,Ltd 29598 Made in Japan” clearly not the real trades. Wasn’t to bummed about it since it was my first gun.

By this time I fitted my gun with real M9 tactical grips made by Hogue, courtesy to Lon.

Test Fire: Anyway after examining the gun me and Lon decided to test fire it right out of the box, I have a sticky target and fired about 5yards length. So I was expecting a lot out of this gun accuracy wise as it says on the box “Speed, Power, And Accuracy” “The Master Piece of M92FS GBB” that’s saying a lot.

I first filled my gun with HFC134A Lon modded a air duster can for a fill so we went with that. When I fired the first shot I was impressed it was dead on my target I fired a few times and everything went smoothly I didn’t trace its fps but I estimated with the poor mans chrono about 250 even stronger now that I roll with green gas probably around 280 fps.

The next day I decided to have a little fun with the M9 so I shot a few rounds around my house then I encountered my first problem and it only was the second day. It seems that every other shot I fired the gun slide locked or didn’t cycle properly. After me an Lon examined it we found out it was because of the gas were using, the 134a

Due to the weakness of the gas the gun wasn’t fully sliding back, so I had no other choice but to move it up to green gas, after that everything worked fine.

So after breaking it in and going every Saturday and every other Sunday since august or September, my gun finally broke not permanently its kind of serious but its easily fixable and just need to order the parts. It turns out after stress from using Green gas the ABS plastic that withstood a beating over months finally took its toll. My M9 slide finally cracked new the edge of the muzzle. Its no surprise to me that it would crack there after looking back on it, it was the slimmest part of the slide. (Ill put pics later)

It broke near the end of November. And now I am still saving up the cash to buy a new slide, just not any other slide but a metal slide that will sure increase the durability of the gun. My gun is still alive and well and I have been able to still use it thanks to Lon letting me borrow his M190 slide.

Overall: Overall this gun has taught me how to take care of GBB's. It has great value, fps is around 270 (stock), accurate when using .2's and up. Cons- unrealistically light, fake trades, plastic (ABS), original mag not silent fill, CAN NOT take HFC134a gas.

Orange Tip: I basically just took nail polish remover then proceeded to take it off. Its against the law to remove the orange tip off of a airsoft gun but since I’m just so balls to the wall I just did it. One thing though with nail polish remover or any kind of alcohol based thing is that it will eat away at plastic which was what my gun was made out of. If it was metal then I would have been in the Green, but then again the damage to the plastic wasn’t really that noticeable.

5 comments:

SoulAssassin said...

Hmm second time i posted and the date was Dec4. any1 know whats wrong?

=Noel=

Airsoft Guam said...

beacause you saved the draft and it still uses the original date when you typed it. Also where are the pics!

Randolph said...

maybe i should do a reveiw of my HFC HG-189 Dark Hawk

SoulAssassin said...

mmm go for it man, theres a couple more reviews coming from lon also.

Randolph said...

i got a special reveiw for the M190, if u know what i mean ;)